- 132,082 - Items checked out
- 32% - Books/monographs
- 27% - Laptops and digital equipment
- 22.2% - Group study rooms
- 18.8% - Other: From textbooks on reserve to puppets
- 497 online databases – accessible through the Libraries’ website 24/7, worldwide.
- 102,596 – Searches conducted in Academic Search Complete, the most popular online database
- 7,748 – Full text views for Congressional Quarterly (CQ) Researcher, the most popular Miami eJournal.
- 4,421 – Chapter uses for “Biomaterials Science,” an online textbook that is the most viewed eBook at Miami.
History in the digital age …
- 21 - Number of Havighurst Special Collections and archives digital collections scanned and made publicly available via the Libraries' website.
- 3,868 – Past editions of the Miami Student, dating back to 1867, scanned and made available online through the University Archives’ digital collections.
- 16,915 – Postcards scanned and made available through the Bowden Online Postcard Collection.
Going the distance for our researchers …
- 2.84 days – Average time from request to receipt, including weekends and holidays, for student and faculty to receive materials requested through Interlibrary Loan.
- 9,524 miles – The distance one scholarly publication traveled from Monash University in Melbourne, Australia, to King Library to fulfill a patron research request.
- 841 – Number of faculty/student book requests fulfilled through OhioLINK in 2017.
Borrowing textbooks …
- 89 - Number of textbooks on reserve currently offered by the Libraries that have received more than 100 checkouts over the past year.
- $259.60 – List price of the BIO 115/116 textbook that ranked as the most borrowed textbook in the Libraries in 2017 with nearly 600 checkouts.
- 60.9 - Number of new textbooks, at an average cost of $120, the Libraries can purchase through money raised for textbooks on reserve during #MoveInMiami 2017.
Other facts …
- 360 – Number of instructional sessions led by University Libraries staff in 2017, reaching 9,044 students.
- 6.0% - Percentage of Libraries’ square footage now devoted to partners like the Howe Center for Writing Excellence, Office of Research for Undergraduates and AIMS.
- 1 – Marriage proposals in a King Library group study room in 2017.