Explore King and Map My Classes: Aug. 23 and 25
Friday, Aug. 23: Noon - 3 p.m.
Sunday, Aug. 25: 1 - 3 p.m.
As you begin your Miami University journey, the Libraries are here to equip you with the resources, spaces and guidance you need to succeed in all your academic endeavors.
If you’re wondering how a university library system works or how to start taking advantage of what it has to offer, you’re not alone. Let us demystify the Libraries for you at Explore King and Map My Classes **on **Friday, Aug. 23 from noon - 3 p.m. and Sunday, Aug. 25 from 1 - 3 p.m. Meet a few hundred of your fellow first-year students and learn how the Libraries give you an edge this semester and for your entire Miami career.
Make sure you know where you’re going on your first day with Map My Classes: we’ll print your class schedule, give you a campus map and help you map out the best route so you’re on time and in the right place on Monday.
We’ll also go over
- Using the Libraries’ databases, journals, books, textbooks and more - and how if we don’t own it, we can get it for you from around the world
- Where to study - whether you need a social environment, quiet nook or private study room
- How to get research advice and guidance from an expert librarian
- The equipment at your disposal in the brand-new Makerspace - 3D printers, CNC milling machines, paper and vinyl cutters, sewing and embroidery machines, and more - and how you can use them in your academic, personal and professional work.
- How the rare and unique materials in Special Collections and University Archives can enhance your scholarly work
- Where and how to print - from our computers or yours
While you’re here, be sure to take a look at our fall workshop series. The Libraries are in your corner with hands-on workshops beginning September 3 on everything from video editing to personal finance.