Amos Music Library, located in Room 120, Center for Performing Arts, between Patterson Ave & Maple St, houses the principal Oxford collections of print books and journals about music, music audio recordings, sheet music, and musical theater materials, and provides comfortable seating, study tables and carrels, and capabilities for listening to various formats of audio materials as well as class-related reserves for music and some theatre courses.
The Music Library has 16 workstations encompassing both Mac and PC, some of which have music composition and other relevant software. We subscribe to a variety of online audio streaming services as well as some online sheet music databases and several music research databases and online encyclopedias and have access to many online music journals. We have a multi-function color printer/copier/scanner and are piloting the digitization of analog audio materials.
The Music Library opened in its current space in 1969, combining collections from the Dept. of Music and the University Libraries with further incorporation of the audio reference area from King Library in 1982. There have been several partial renovations of the facility in the intervening years but the basic 4400 sq ft footprint remains. The library is named in honor of William (Miami 1931) and Dorothy (Miami 1936) Amos, long associated with Ohio newspaper businesses, whose family has taken a special interest in libraries at Miami and in Sidney, Ohio.
Contact & Location
Phone: 513-529-2299 Address: Center for Performing Arts, Oxford OH 45056